The world of gourmet cuisine is extremely picky and selective regardless of whether it’s concerning the ingredients in the dish or the tools used to make the dish. Today we are going to be focusing more on the tools they use to create dishes which are capable of teasing our visual palettes as well as excite our taste buds.
To those people whom use high-end cooking utensils the name Ken Onion is surely no stranger to their vocabulary.
Ken Onion is an award winning American knifemaker, whom specializes in making custom knives. A little history about Ken, he was originally a US marine but has since gone through a series of events which eventually made him the phenomenon he is today.
Features of the Shun Elite Ken Onion 8-Inch Chef’s Knife
- One of the pieces from the Shun Elite collection, designed by the multiple award winning knife designer Ken Onion.
- The handle is made from a hardwood-resin fusion which is better known as Pakkawood. Besides the evident beauty of the wood, the Pakkawood is also particularly good at resisting moisture and maneuver making it more long lasting, a feature which many people will treasure.
- The handle has also been molded and shaped to be in an ergonomic form to provide the user of the knife a truly easy experience at chopping, mincing and dicing. The user of the Shun Elite Ken Onion 8-Inch Chef’s Knife, will instantly notice the difference in the efficiency of the knife as it glides from side to side of the chopping board.
- In addition to that, the benefits of the handle, does not only stop in its fluidity of motion on the chopping block, but also in its ease of use. Most of the time when preparing ingredients for cooking a lot of us will feel fatigued around our hands after having to go through chopping, slicing and dicing through what seems like tons of fruits and vegetables. The handle of the Shun Elite Ken Onion 8-Inch Chef’s Knife, ensures that your hand is tension free through out the grueling preparation process due to the nature of its design which relieves the hand of any tension during chopping, slicing and dicing.
- One real known fact about Shun Elite knives is that heir undisputable sharpness. This is largely due to its blade which is made from a new powdered steel alloy known as SG-2.
- The blade of the knife is also very meticulously forged allowing the knife to have a silky smooth knife edge.
- Besides that the edges of the knife which is made in a 16 degree angle. Allows it produce very uniformly thin slices when slicing through meat.
Overall review of Shun Elite Ken Onion 8-Inch Chef’s Knife
As a whole the Shun Elite Ken Onion 8-Inch Chef’s Knife, is an excellent knife, excelling in both its ability to produce top quality cuts as well as its design which allows ease of use for the users. This piece from the Shun Elite collection does not fail to impress as how its other predecessors have.